The following terms are used in this section to define Encompass instances, partner integration environments, and various development tools.
`production` Encompass instance
Represents a lender system with actual borrower/customer data that requires full production SLAs, data protection, etc. - used by lenders to conduct real business.
`sandbox` Encompass instance
- Could represent a lender pre-release test environment, i.e. customer-owned but without production data, meant for testing out new features before rolling them out to users.
- Could represent a partner test environment provisioned for sandboxed development/testing of an integration across possible lender application environments, without production loan data.
`sandbox` EPC product
sandbox products enable partners to develop and test their integrations in pre-production Encompass application environments.
- Transactions originated against sandbox partner products are non-billable.
- Sandbox products are only accessible to lender non-production environments.
transactions for sandbox products can only be accessed using sandbox/test Partner API keys.
- The status of sandbox products can be one of
`production` EPC product
production products allow partners to service real production traffic from production lender systems.
- Transactions originated against production partner products are billable.
- Production products are only accessible to lender production environments.
transactions for production products can only be accessed using production Partner API keys.
- Production products can only be in